Macro Scheduler Starts Minimised...

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

wozza60

Macro Scheduler Starts Minimised...

Post by wozza60 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:25 am

Hi guys... Am running WinXP and latest version of Macro Scheduler. When PC starts up... loads Macro Scheduler... It stays minimised on the task bar rather than minimising tet it to the system tray. (I have to right-click on it select maximise then minimise to go to the systen tray) Anyomne else have this problem? your help is much appreciated....

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:37 am

How do you have things set up under Tools/Options?

How is your shortcut to Macro Scheduler set up - maybe this is set to run it minimized? If so, change this so it runs normally and instead set it to run minimized under Tools/Options within Macro Scheduler itself.

All looks like it is set up properly? Restart your machine and see if the problem persists.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

wozza60

Post by wozza60 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:17 pm

Tried that... even tried setting shortcut AND in options to Normal Window... no joy..... D'oh!

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:31 pm

Odd, I'm using WinXP SP2 here and no probs.

Does this happen only when you start up your PC or also when running MSched manually after a delay?
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

wozza60

Post by wozza60 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:39 pm

when started manually (From either the exe or a shortcut) works fine. minimises to sys tray ok. just has this problem at PC startup... I'm not bothered... just curious to find out why it's doing it...

NB: same problem when first install MS with default settings.

One of lifes little mysteries.....

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:59 pm

Hmmm. I'd look at what else is running on startup. Something is doing something weird to the Macro Scheduler window.

Many startup issues can be resolved by enforcing a short delay before the application in question starts - this can also effectively speed up boot time since the PC is not busy running a zillion things at once. A useful tool for achieving this is a free utility called After which you can get from:

http://joette.net/free/after.php

I've also put a copy on our public FTP server should you have difficulty accessing the above page:

ftp://ftp.mjtnet.com/pub/after.zip
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

wozza60

Post by wozza60 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:08 pm

Cool... Just tried creating a macro to start MS with a 30 sec wait.. then execute MS.

It Worked!!

Thanks for the info and the idea... Your help is greatly appreciated!!

I'd be lost with out my MS!...

Cheers.

liveitupmore
Junior Coder

Re: Macro Scheduler Starts Minimised...

Post by liveitupmore » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:35 am

I have tried to install the application "after", however my virus protection warns me about malware. I have also checked on google, it also has a number of sites warning of malware. I am still using XP, I know I should upgrade.

Is this true, has it malware.

Alistair

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:22 am

I can assure you. Macro Scheduler is NOT and does NOT contain Malware. I don't think we'd have the customers we do after 17 years if that were the case - banks, military, government, etc - many of whom continue to be customers year after year.

You are seeing a false positive. Make sure your antivirus tool is right up to date and you have downloaded the very latest virus definition files. If after that you still see this warning please contact the virus maker and report the false positive.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

liveitupmore
Junior Coder

Post by liveitupmore » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:23 am

Sorry Marcus, its not macro scheduler that the virus protection is complaining about, its the "after" program suggested in this post

Alistair