Windows 7 Interaction

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

TheEek
Junior Coder

Windows 7 Interaction

Post by TheEek » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:13 am

I've finally been collared to upgrade my work desktop PC to Windows 7 (we've had a few compatability issues with the rollout and old applications) anyway, one of my most used scripts no longer work. I'm trying to work out whether it's my version of Macro Scheduler (12.1.6), my Windows 7 build (and it's a corporate build) or the new version of Active Directory (6.1x).

A lazy script to highlight the "Active Directory for users and Computers", press the down key then press the export icon and save the exported file. I've deconstructed the script to the point of failure. But I have no idea why it's not working:

Code: Select all

setfocus>Active Directory Users and Computers
wait>0.1
press down
It doesn't work. Then I tried a few other commands, like "mousemove" then "lclick", the mouse moves to the right place, but just doesn't click.

I don't think MS is to blame, it still works on other windows (for example Explorer) so I don't think it's our Windows 7 build either. Anyone else having problems like this? I have an option to download a different LDAP browser, but I found AD so easy to use...

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Is this window part of a process that is running with admin privileges? If so Macro Scheduler will also need to be running as admin.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

TheEek
Junior Coder

Post by TheEek » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 pm

That fixed it, many thanks.