Rename doesn't work

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

putmann
Junior Coder

Rename doesn't work

Post by putmann » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:41 pm

This is embarrassing, but I'm trying a simple rename and it doesn't work. Using version 7.4. Any hints?

Code: Select all

Let>MF_RENAME=1
MoveFile>\\n2k3wb972ftp01\ftproot\FTPholly\CashFR.txt,\\nasdata02\sharedata\finpcp\Archive\C\Cash\FR Cash files\CashFR2.txt
Let>MF_RENAME=0

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Just a guess but it would seem to me that using "MF_RENAME" implies the file remains in its current folder. Set the first "MF_RENAME" to zero rather than one and see if the code works.

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:41 pm

I've recently been struggling with renaming and moving too. From my testing it doesn't appear possible to move and rename in one step. Also there are complications related to over-writing existing files which I have not been able to resolve without a adding a prior step to delete them. I think you'll have to break it down to a move plus a rename and you'll probably have to delete any existing destination file first - but that's just my opinion.

7.4 eh? Still old 9.1 here :)

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Rename doesn't work

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:01 pm

putmann wrote:This is embarrassing, but I'm trying a simple rename and it doesn't work. Using version 7.4. Any hints?

Code: Select all

Let>MF_RENAME=1
MoveFile>\\n2k3wb972ftp01\ftproot\FTPholly\CashFR.txt,\\nasdata02\sharedata\finpcp\Archive\C\Cash\FR Cash files\CashFR2.txt
Let>MF_RENAME=0
This is a move not a rename. The destination is different. Remove the Let>MF_RENAME=1 line, or set it to zero.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?