select report hyperlink

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

jjinfm

select report hyperlink

Post by jjinfm » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:31 pm

I am using the evaluation version of Macro Scheduler and I can login into a website that I access for reports without any problems. But I am trying to figure out the best way to select a certain report after I am on the website.

The webpage will list the name of several reports as a hyperlink for each report. I want to be able to select a particular report called 'DSR' from the list. What is the best way have the macro select this hyperlink?

jj

adroege
Automation Wizard

Post by adroege » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:10 pm

The best way would be to download the trial version of WebRecorder for Macro Scheduler, and do it that way.

WebRecorder creates web specific macros that can interact directly with the HTML and javascript functions (if present) making it more reliable than interacting with the GUI of the web browser.

jjinfm

Post by jjinfm » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:06 pm

OK, I downloaded and ran the routine in WebRecorder. However it does now work when I import into Macro Scheduler.

When I select the hyprelink in the recorder mode I get the following script:

WaitWindowOpen>File Download
SetFocus>File Download

//FILE DOWNLOAD - YOU MAY NEED TO MODIFY THIS PART
//MODIFY FILE PATH AND NAME HERE:
Let>filename=download.file
Wait>1
Send>s
WaitWindowOpen>Save As
SetFocus>Save As
Send>filename
Press Enter
WaitWindowClosed>Save As
WaitWindowOpen>%filename%*
WaitWindowClosed>%filename%*

What seems to missing is the actual reference to the hyperlink and/or its position on the screen.

adroege
Automation Wizard

Post by adroege » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:53 pm

If downloading a file is what you are after, then you might try instead to use the HTTPRequest command in Macro Scheduler.

Find the URL which is coded in the hyperlink by Right Click -> Copy Link Location while in the browser.

If you need the resulting downloaded file displayed in a particular application (such as a PDF or Word document, etc) then use ExecuteFile> to launch the correct application based upon the file association already setup in your computer.