script starts to run but script opens each time

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

ruchi

script starts to run but script opens each time

Post by ruchi » Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 am

Hi,

I wrote a script and when I try to run it, I notice the script opens up each time and am having difficulty running the script. Everytime I leave the script open using the edito and then click the run button it works fine. But if I close the script and then run from the small macro window main (Macro Scheduler 11) window that shows a list of all the macros that you have? when I run script from there, the entire script opens up :( Pls help

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Thu May 13, 2010 4:27 am

Can you post your script?

Rain
Automation Wizard

Post by Rain » Sat May 15, 2010 6:54 pm

It's impossible to know exactly what's going without seeing the script.

This is a shot in the dark but I have a suspicion that your script is sending key strokes like press enter or CTRL+M. If that's the case, make sure the macro scheduler interface is NOT in focus because pressing enter or CTRL+M while the macro scheduler interface is in focus will always open the selected script.

ruchi

Post by ruchi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Hello,

I think the cntrl M and focus is the problem. I tried to deselect "refocus window " my script and saved the script and it still fails. I have written several scripts and it is too long for me to paste it here, pls help as I am unable to run it as it keeps going back to the window.

ruchi

Post by ruchi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 pm

Pls let me know how to remove all the enter's in the script? The script was always written when "refocus window" option was selected by default. I was not aware of this.

ruchi

Post by ruchi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Hello,
I tried to deselect "refocus window" in script and saved the script and when I open it again, I notice the "refocu window" is selected by default.

How do I get rid of this?

Thanks a ton in advance for the help.

Ruchi

adroege
Automation Wizard

Post by adroege » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:43 am

If you recorded the script, then it simply put in commands to mimick what you did -- and this is usually not a problem. What might be a problem however is if you edited the script, and took out some steps or added new ones that are contributing to your problem.

I think you need to cut/paste your script here on the forum so we can take a look at it and find the problem.