suggestions welcome

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

stuggi

suggestions welcome

Post by stuggi » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:46 am

Hi!
I'm a ophthalmologist who sees a lot of patients where photo screening is a central part of my work. A macro would be great help.
I've just started using macro scheduler and would like a little help getting started.

My main consideration is how to interact with a very simple database. I have Microsoft Access but other suggestions are welcome. Excel could also be used, or not?

What I would like to do is store three simple variables for each record (each record representing a patient, I'm seeing), those being:
person id
phone number
what sort of transportation the patient needs

I need the macro to the following:
Add the patient data to the database (after user input), if the patient isn't already on record.
At a later stage withdraw the above data and input it in a form for later printing.

Suggestions on a simple way to do this are very welcome!

Thanks!

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Before getting into any details, would using an ascii file as a database be acceptable? Much less overhead, cheaper, can modify with text editor if necessary. What type of interface is needed? Who will be using this, how "professional" must it look like? Or just a quick and dirty query application?

IF a simple ascii file is OK, you could use a number of Macro Scheduler commands to WriteLn, Separate, Append, Delete, etc. to maintain the ascii file. You could also use Dialog windows for input prompts.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!