Can a dialog box be larger than the desktop?

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

pgriffin
Automation Wizard

Post by pgriffin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:58 pm

I'll take anything even slightly resembling a compliment....left handed or not... :lol:

so you are saying you business reason is that you need to view a bitmap that is larger than the screen and you want that bitmap within a MacroScheduler window?

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:04 pm

Actually I believe you can make a screen larger than the screen but you have to change the min and max coordinates with a call to an API function called SetMinMaxInfo. By default they are set to the screen size.

If you look at Dick's "screensaver" thread you will see what Dick was doing. He wanted to display an image that covered the entire screen. Didn't have to be larger, but he wanted to hide the border of the dialog. But of course, what you can actually do is make the dialog borderless, and then it doesn't have to be larger than the screen size.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:08 pm

Yes, viewing a bitmap was my reason but one the same size as the desktop which meant the dialog box had to be larger than the desktop. but I resolved it by learning another techniquethat Marcus posted in Scripts and Tips some time ago and I've posted an example of it as the Macro Scheduler screensaver. Basically Marcus' technique allows you to present a dialog that has no title bar so the dialog can be the same size as the desktop and in my case the same size as the bitmap.