MSSCRIPT error when running a compiled Macro

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

MSSCRIPT error when running a compiled Macro

Post by kpassaur » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:15 pm

I have a compiled Macro that works fine on one PB and when I place it on another PC I get a Window with a Macro Scheduler Title and an error that says MSSCRIPT error.

I downloaded and installed the VBScript runtime library thinking that maybe the cause, however, it didn't fix it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:22 pm

What version number? What is the exact, full text of the error message?
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

Version and text

Post by kpassaur » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:36 pm

I am using version 8.0.3 of Macro Scheduler and I believe the error was just MSSSCIPT Control Error. It gave me a different error before I installed the VB Script Runtime. I don't recall what the first error message was except that it mentioned VB Script Runtime

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:11 pm

Without the full error message I can't pinpoint the exact cause, but the obvious thing to check is that the script control is present and registered. Check for the existence of the following files:

msscript.ocx
scrrun.dll
vbscript.dll

They are probably in the Windows\System32 directory. Certainly they should be in the path.

Make sure they are registered:

regsvr32 msscript.ocx
regsvr32 scrrun.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

Loading Library Error

Post by kpassaur » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:47 pm

The message says
Error initalizing Msscript Control

When I run Regsur32 and any of the file names I get
Load library ("msscript.ocx") Failed

Any idea what could cause this? Some other program running? It is XP with the latest service packs installed. - And yes I realize it is not a Macro Scheduler issuse, but ideas would help as other users may run into it as well.

pgriffin
Automation Wizard

Post by pgriffin » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:58 am

Just to clarify, you never state whether or not msscript.ocx actually exists. I have this file in my SCRIPT_DIR

D_S
Junior Coder

Post by D_S » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:04 pm

disregard...found my answer

jpuziano
Automation Wizard

Re: Loading Library Error

Post by jpuziano » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:48 pm

kpassaur wrote:The message says
Error initalizing Msscript Control

When I run Regsur32 and any of the file names I get
Load library ("msscript.ocx") Failed

Any idea what could cause this? Some other program running? It is XP with the latest service packs installed. - And yes I realize it is not a Macro Scheduler issuse, but ideas would help as other users may run into it as well.
Hi kpassaur,

Did you ever find the cause of this problem? If so, please share with us as I believe someone else has run into something similar in this post: MSSCript control error on MS 10.1.02

Also...
D_S wrote:disregard...found my answer
Hi D_S,

Did you have the same issue as kpassaur? What was the answer that you found?

Take care
jpuziano

Note: If anyone else on the planet would find the following useful...
[Open] PlayWav command that plays from embedded script data
...then please add your thoughts/support at the above post - :-)

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

Not sure on load fix

Post by kpassaur » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:30 am

I do not remember how I fixed the issue, so please don't count this as the exact solution. But I do remember it was based on what Marcus stated above (the files being present and resistered) and the version of Dot Net runnning.

The Dot Net issue may sound silly (and completely unrelated), but believe me it is not. If you need a particular version of Dot Net, install that one only. For instance not everything is backwards compatibale with it, so if you just installed a fresh copy of XP on a new PC as I did two weeks ago and decided to install Dot Net 3.5 (the latest) instead of ver2 with the service pack thinking everything will run correctly. You are wrong. I ended up removing 3.5 and installing ver 2 again and some of the files were not replaced with the older version still causing difficulties.

grimeball

Post by grimeball » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:56 pm

I checked (on the computer I'm trying to compile with) that the 3 files specified above are present in the system32 directory and are registered.

I am running .net framework 2.0 on my compiling pc.

I have not checked anything on the target PC as I am looking for clarity on any requirements/dependencies that are present to execute an exe on a target PC.
Scott Grimes
President, Grimeball Car Care

elruden

Post by elruden » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:20 pm

I too had this error and this thread allowed me to fix it. Details:

Uninstalling/reinstalling Macro Scheduler Pro release 11.1.11 from (default) folder C:\Program Files to C:\Ed\Program Files resulted in the warning "error initializing MSScript control" upon the first run of any macro in a new session. The macro would then run correctly, though, and subsquent macros would not produce this warning. Following the recommendations at http://www.mjtnet.com/forum/posting.php ... ply&t=3297 I found that msscript.ocx was not in C:\Windows\System32. I then ran "regsvr32 msscript.ocx" from command line and it subsequently appeared there. The warning thereafter did not occur.

elruden

Post by elruden » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:23 pm

THe above URL is incorrect. I meant it to be this thread's URL (I was copying from my notes)