Reporting Bugs and Feature Requests

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

mmorrison

Reporting Bugs and Feature Requests

Post by mmorrison » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:37 am

I've tried to log into the bugtracker program off and on for over a month, to no avail. It had my login name in the email box, but when I put in my password, I get 'invalid login'. I've tried the full email address, I've tried both upper and lower case, and I've tried the 'email my password' - which never did send me an email. I've also changed my password, thinking it might update a table somewhere - again, no luck.

I saw a recent post under a different subject, where someone else couldn't log in, so decided to try to let you guys know others are having similar problems.

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Post by CyberCitizen » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:42 am

Hello mmorrison,

Yes That Was Me I Also Can Not Login/Register To The Bug Tracker, Therefore I Can Not Report The Bug That I Have Found. I Have Also PM'd The Support Acct & Never Got A Reply.

Would Like An Update On This Myself.
FIREFIGHTER

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:13 am

Hi,

We have done some maintenance on the bugtracker system and it all appears to be working ok now. Could you please try to create your account again and you should get an email with the password. If not send us an email.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

mmorrison

Post by mmorrison » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:27 pm

OK, creating a new account worked - thanks.

You may want to consider adding a 'Create new account' button to the right side of the bugtracker login screen. Although it's on the menu, I wasn't looking for it and didn't notice. Since I was already 'registered' with the discussion group, I expected my name/password to work in the bugtracker program, so thought I only needed to login. It was only after I still couldn't log in that I re-read your email, and noticed you'd asked that I 'create an account'. With the button, new users would be more likely to think "...hmmm, well, maybe this is a different system and requires a seperate registration...", instead of just thinking it isn't accepting my name & password.

Another option is to add functionality to the 'email my password' button, so that it checks the provided email address, and if there isn't a matching account, send an email to that address stating no match was found, and explain it's a seperate system that requires they create an account.

Now a question - I see I can vote for a 'bug', but is there a way we can add a comment to someone else's bug report? It seems you might get additional insight, or we could disagree with a part of the report, but still vote for the fix.

I realize most of this is based on existing tools, and appreciate that changes in function may be difficult. If so, no problem - either way, thanks for your efforts toward maintaining a truly excellent product!

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:05 am

Yes you can add additional comments to someone elses report. Just open up a bug report and add your comments to the additional comments box and hit submit.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Post by CyberCitizen » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:36 am

support wrote:Yes you can add additional comments to someone elses report. Just open up a bug report and add your comments to the additional comments box and hit submit.
Doesn't Work, Received This Error Message: You cannot change this bug.
FIREFIGHTER

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:43 am

Sorry wrong config option was set. Should allow anyone to add a comment to any bug now.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:14 pm

Am unable to login to submit bug report.

Have tried making new account, no change.
\
Have clicked to have password emailed, no email received.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:21 pm

Mail server logs show email was sent to you. I just tried the Email Password button with your email address to confirm and another email was sent.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:49 pm

Ah, those great spam filters!

Your email to me was automatically moved to Junk Mail folder with my Mail Frontier program. I have modified the filter to prevent that. Mention it here in case others cannot located missing emails.

Just got logged in to Bug Tracker.

Thanks again for quick response and support.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

Feature Request

Post by kpassaur » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:59 pm

Tried Bug Tracker to enter a feature request with no luck in finding the correct page. Most likely me.

Anyway, I am asking for the simple - I believe

In the advanced mode have a couple of extra buttons on top for when running the debug mode

A) Run from top
B) Refocus Windows

Automatically switch to Watch List when F8 is pressed to step through a script.

Save debug setting from one secession to another.

And finally have a antother button (a switch) for turning on or off refocus windows.

I am constantly using the drop downs and having to reset them each time.

Anybody else like this idea?