Question on if something can be done...

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

fthomas
Pro Scripter

Question on if something can be done...

Post by fthomas » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:54 pm

I have two questions regarding macro scheduler.

First, is there any way to use this program to scan through a defined directory structure looking for .txt files and do some reformatting. I purchase a lot of articles for posting on the internet, and I need to reformat them in specific ways.
a. If the first line is less then so many characters, I need to wrap it in some control codes.
b. I need to change the character control codes for linefeed and carriage return to codes
c. If there is fluff handling text, which I will define with the use of exact values and wildcards, I want it stripped off.

Second, there are times when I need a task that is mundane to be handled by MS. But when logging in to a service, they will present a captcha box to prove a human is actually running this and not a robot. Now, I wouldn't even mind if MS stopped and presented the box and I have to input the code in the box and MS would continue running the script after entry. Sounds kinda shaddy, I know, but it is a legitimate request. This would limit the amount of time that I would need to consume to complete this task.

Thanks very much and I'd like to say that this program looks to be astounding!

Frank

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:38 pm

The quick reply would be YES to both queries.

You will have to provide the details for the replacement code, but Macro Scheduler has some strong tools for Modifying/Replacing/Deleting/Adding strings to almost any type of text files. And Macro Scheduler uses built in VBScript to enhance its own powerful commands. This means the power of RegEx is also available.

And automation can be brought to a point to wait for user input, and then continue, so the imaging robot traps could be paused for data entry.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

fthomas
Pro Scripter

Thanks!

Post by fthomas » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:22 pm

Thanks to the reply Bob!

I'll definitely engage you in the up and coming weeks to 'automate my life'!

Time to spend some money!!!

Hey are you folks offering any coupon codes for a bit of a break on the price of the macro schedular pro and webrecorder package then what's currently posted?

Frank.