Excel VB code (master) and Macros Schdlr (slave) integration

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

hellobryan

Excel VB code (master) and Macros Schdlr (slave) integration

Post by hellobryan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:19 am

I currently have a series of MS Excel VB script codes that continuously evaluates data in Excel that is being feed to it via live data feed. Once the evaluations have been made portions of the code sends me emails based on the results of the calculations. I can send emails back to Outlook that the Excel code retrieves. Once the Excel code retrieves email(s) I want to execute some other processes. Here’s where Macros Scheduler is needed. I need my Excel code to call a Macros Scheduler macros. Once Macros Scheduler is called, it will open or activate another program. Once this program is opened by Macros Scheduler, a series of dropdown and input boxes will be automatically filled with data that would have been passed from MS Excel to the Macros Scheduler macros code. After all the data has been input, two confirmation buttons need to be clicked.

If anyone can help I’d really appreciate it. Similarly, sample code may do the trick if you know of any.

Thanks in advance for your help! :D
BRE

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:02 pm

I don't know much VBA but I saw this Microsoft page and thought it might point you in the right direction. Basically you would call a Macro Scheduler script (or an executable) with the VBA and then have the VBA wait for a file to be created. Let Macro Scheduler open and control the other application. The last thing the Macro Scheduler script does will be to create the file that the VBA is waiting for. At the time of the file creation, the Macro Scheduler script ends and the VBA starts running again.

You should be able to pass information back and forth between Excel and Macro Scheduler using several methods, but I think I'd be tempted to use comma delimited text files.

Hope this is helpful.