Stopping Macros

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

TC

Stopping Macros

Post by TC » Sun May 06, 2007 3:37 pm

This is my first posting, being a new purchaser in April/07 of Macro Scheduler Pro.

I was looking through the postings and noticed a problem that a fellow member was having in STOPPING MACROS RUNNING. I encountered this problem (an endless loop involving the displaying of a MessageModal box) and found - just like my fellow member - that niether the Shift-Esc, Pause or System Tray BREAK option worked. Neither could I click on the STOP button.

I did not want to CTRL+ALT+DEL because I hadn't saved (oops!!) lots of added lines.

I don't know if this method has already been posted or whether it works in all instances but here it is.

Press and hold just the ESC key and the click the Stop button on the toolbar.

Hope it helps someone.
TC

PS Finally, can anyone tell my why the Shift-Esc and other documented ways of stopping a running script do not appear to work? I am using Pro v.9.1.02.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon May 07, 2007 7:41 am

> PS Finally, can anyone tell my why the Shift-Esc and other
>documented ways of stopping a running script do not appear
>to work? I am using Pro v.9.1.02.

MessageModal is modal. So if you have a tight loop with MessagModal you will find it difficult to get anything else to take input as the message keeps popping up modally. You would need to issue the stop key when the message box is not showing. Basically having a tight loop with only a messagemodal in it is going to cause things to lock up. Not a great idea.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?