Question regarding Screen Resolution (EXE files)

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Erry2525

Question regarding Screen Resolution (EXE files)

Post by Erry2525 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:56 pm

Good Evening,

Question:
How or what kind of script can be made if i want a macro to low/normal screen a Full Screen Program ?

When the program is executed, it automatically shifts to Full Resolution w/o any options to simply normal res. the program in for example:A normal window format. This is a problem i also have with a game (exe file).
When executed, it immediatly starts off in full screen mode.

Thank you for your attention.

Erry2525

pgriffin
Automation Wizard

Post by pgriffin » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:26 am

When you start your app, what are the keystrokes you would use to change it back to 'normal screen'? I would think you would first try simply having MacroScheduler wait for the app to fully open, then send those same keystrokes to the app.

Erry2525

Post by Erry2525 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:24 pm

Hi,

It isnt the What, its the How im afraid. Im new to macroScheduler (as noticed :) ), so i wondered if i could receive an example, tutorial, maybe even a "Edit" Script or somesort so i can modify the exe file's Window (Screen) when executed.

When the exe is executed (Similar to a game like Quake or Warcraft for example) it will start off in full screen mode. The options within the program or game itself doesnt simply incl. "Switch Screen Mode" or even a "Enable/Disable Full screen" option. The reasons why those options arent available in some Exe's Run Files is mainly cause of security reasons, so its claimed.

So i want to know if there is any possible way that macroscheluder can Disable or even Small size a auto-full screen mode from a running executable. Tips and Tricks, any possibilities are welcome.

Ty.

Erry2525

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:37 pm

Help us out a little ... how do you do it manually? Forget Macro Scheduler for a minute - what do you do to put the screen into "windowed mode" (i.e. NOT full screen) once the game has started? Do you press some keystrokes or something. Write down exactly what you do manually. Then we can help you turn that into a script.

As an example ... When the Windows DOS prompt is full screen, ALT-ENTER will return it to windowed mode. Therefore this script code will return a full screen DOS window to windowed mode:

Press ALT
Press Enter
Release ALT

Maybe your game runs in a DOS window? If so it may work the same. But we don't know anything about your game so we can only guess. But if you tell us what you normally do your self to return the window to windowed mode, then we should be able to explain how to turn that into a script.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?