How to start the scheduler immediately?

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Me_again
Automation Wizard

How to start the scheduler immediately?

Post by Me_again » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:00 pm

I'm sure I'm missing something basic but I haven't used the scheduler function before. I need to do something very simple, set up a schedule to run a macro each 10 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - but I'm stuck :cry:

It's around 14:30 right now. I think I should set the "start at" time as 00:00 and the "repeat every" to 10 minutes. But the schedule doesn't start. I guess it will probably start at midnight but I want it to start now so I'll know it's working correctly and so I don't lose hours of operation if I ever have to modify it.

If I set the start time to a few minutes from now it will start. But if I do that it will stop running at midnight and not start again until this time tomorrow - right?

Help :?

Update:

Now it's running I see that the "At" time is always updated to the next scheduled time. So I guess you can only set "At" or "Repeat" and not both?

Rain
Automation Wizard

Post by Rain » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:32 am

Why not compile the script and add the exe to your scheduled tasks?
Go to start, control panel, scheduled task, right click, go to new and click new task.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:38 am

Say it's 14:30. Set the start time to 14:40 with a repeat interval of 10 minutes and in advanced make sure it's set to repeat continuously. Also make sure you select every day. Ok that and the macro will start at 14:40 and repeat every 10 minutes for ever. It won't reset unless you tell it to in advanced settings. It will just keep repeating every 10 minutes unless you stop the schedule or exit Macro Scheduler.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:36 pm

Thanks support, it's working fine. I thought the At time was the start time, but now I see my error.

Rain.

Can the windows scheduler be set to run every ten minutes?

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:06 pm

The Windows Scheduler runs constantly, but the scheduled tasks can be set to run every 10 minutes. When on the Task/Properties/Schedule tab, click on the Advanced Button and you will find more options for repeat options.

The Windows Scheduler will have different options based on your version of Windows. It is possible that your version may not support this.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:21 pm

Found it in 2K and XP Pro, thanks!

That's a weird flow, set schedule>set password>more set schedule :?