yep, im stumped

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

George

yep, im stumped

Post by George » Fri May 20, 2005 8:37 pm

Hello,
I am tring to make a script for an on-line game called Endless Ages. Here is my script :

Let>k=0
Repeat>k
MouseMove>0,0
LDown
Wait>.1
LUp
Wait>1
MouseMove>0,0
Wait>1
MouseMove>110,0
MouseMove>0,-150
Wait>.5
LDown
Wait>.1
LUp
Wait>.5
MouseMove>-33,0
MouseMove>0,81
Wait>1
SetFocus>EXNGN
Wait>1
Press Enter
Wait>15
Until>k,1

The program moves the mouse around and selects a few things, but the problem is when i want it to press enter in the game. When I am out of the game it does show that it hits enter, but it wont do it in game. The name of the program is EXNGN, atleast thats what its called when i minize it to the screen, to the desktop. If anyone could give me any help it would be greatly appreiated.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri May 20, 2005 9:06 pm

The SetFocus command should take the window title - that is the text that appears top left in the blue bar at the top of the main window. Not the name of the game but it's window title. Or part of it followed by an asterisk.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

George

Post by George » Sat May 21, 2005 1:29 am

how do you tell what the window name is? the EXNGN isnt the name of the game or the prgram, thats what the minamized window shows as a title.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Sat May 21, 2005 7:33 am

Not Window Name, WINDOW TITLE. As I said the Window Title is what appears in the title bar of the window. The title bar is blue by default and has the control box top left and minimize, maximize and close buttons top right. To the left in the title bar itself is the window title.

If the window doesn't have a title bar (it is hidden) go into Macro Scheduler and from the Tools menu chose View System Windows and you will get a list of windows on your system. You should be able to determine the window title of the application in question there.

If this is a game that runs in full screen mode, forget it, it will most likely be running exclusively and it is highly unlikely Macro Scheduler can control it. Macro Scheduler was designed for automating windows applications and business processes, not for manipulating games.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

George

Post by George » Sat May 21, 2005 6:51 pm

ok, thank you for your help :)