Auto sign on

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

nkwhftw

Auto sign on

Post by nkwhftw » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:59 pm

When I schedule a macro to run sometimes (always), the pc has gone into Screen Saver mode. Our PC's are set that the Screen Saver is not available to change, (Security). You must always sign back in after the screen saver has fired. When I push Cntl, Alt, Delete, for the sign on screen it will exit Macro Scheduler every time. Is there a way to disable Macro Scheduler to recognize that I am trying to bring up the sign on screen not exit?

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:34 am

Sounds more like the workstation has locked. There's no way around the security limitations of Windows I'm afraid.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

nkwhftw

Auto sign on

Post by nkwhftw » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:36 pm

You are correct the PC is locked in a way. When the Screen Saver is in operation there is a screen that indicates that the computer is locked. I then can unlock the screen by"Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to unlock this computer." But when I perform this action Macro Scheduler will drop me and I can not add this step into by script. My question is: Is there a way for me to have Macro Scheduler not drop me. In the interim I have built a small script that runs every 15 minutes that will refresh the screen and not let the PC go into Screen Saver. But I would rather just have Macro Scheduler start and sign me in and run the script.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:37 pm

STOP PRESS!

Macro Scheduler 8.0 will have the ability to automatically sign on / unlock the workstation, run the script and then lock the workstation again. This is for scheduled macros. Version 8.0 will include a service so that the scheduler will work even when Macro Scheduler is not running and when the workstation is logged out. In macro properties you can tell it to AutoLogon and provide a username and password to use for this purpose. If the workstation is locked/logged out when the schedule kicks in the workstation is logged in using that username/password, the script is run and the workstation is then locked.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Post by CyberCitizen » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:19 am

Thats Sounds Awesome. Is There An ETA On This Version?
FIREFIGHTER

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:00 am

Planned release date is early January, but a beta version should hopefully be available next week. We'll post an announcement in the beta forum when it is ready.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Monkster
Junior Coder

Post by Monkster » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:35 pm

support wrote:Planned release date is early January, but a beta version should hopefully be available next week. We'll post an announcement in the beta forum when it is ready.
Woo hoo, the beta is posted now! Time to play...
Best Wishes,
Monkster

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Post by CyberCitizen » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:35 am

Question?
Free Upgrade From Version 7 To Version 8?

Just Tested The Beta Version Of 8 (Auto Logon) Works Great.

Just Need To Remeber To Include BlockInput Commands So That People Still Can Not Use The Server When Its Unlocked.
FIREFIGHTER