Manually start a script from a web site URL

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

despinal

Manually start a script from a web site URL

Post by despinal » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:59 pm

My concept is:

I already have setup a scheduled script which launches Cisco Ip Voice Communicator, it will dial to an audio bridge line and then keys in the pin-code, then it mutes the call. At the same time I have a server with Windows 2003 server setup as a Windows Media Service, another script in it starts the Media Encoder, then Starts Windows Media Services to broadcast the conference call over the web on our Intranet and at the same time a file gets archived for later listening.

I would like to setup a web page where our users can start the audio bridge and get the broadcast and archive manually whenever there is a conference call instead of setting up specific dates and times.

Can this be done? call a script from within a URL link? :(

Thanks in advance,

dannye

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:19 pm

Hi,

You can use the msNet CGI module to integrate Macro Scheduler with web server applications and have scripts run from web pages. A simple URL can then execute a Macro Scheduler script.

http://www.mjtnet.com/msnet.htm
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:20 pm

Or are you saying you want to run a local script from a URL? This shouldn't need more than just simple file associations / mime types.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

despinal

Post by despinal » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:26 pm

support wrote:Or are you saying you want to run a local script from a URL? This shouldn't need more than just simple file associations / mime types.
No, I want to be able to run the script that is located on the Windows Media Service, but I want to start the script from webpage link?

Something like:

Click here to start Audio Conference call

I want for that to run both of my scripts on the server.

Thanks,

Dannye

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:53 pm

Then you want msNet CGI module. A web page can then start a script on the server.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

despinal

Post by despinal » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:09 pm

support wrote:Then you want msNet CGI module. A web page can then start a script on the server.
Can you give me an example on how to set this up?

the server name is broadcast

have a .scp file on the root of the server called test and I have already added the extension on the webserver.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:46 pm

Download msNet and see the msNet help file for how to install:

"The mschedcgi.exe file can be installed on a Windows web server and used to run Macro Scheduler macros from web applications. GET or POST methods are supported.

To install the msched cgi module do the following:

1) Install Macro Scheduler on the web server machine and enable it with msNet.

2) Copy mschedcgi.exe and mschedcgi.ini from your installation directory to an appropriate folder on the web server.

3) Modify mschedcgi.ini to reflect the servername, port number and password for the local Macro Scheduler installation (as set in step 1 above).

4) Configure your web server to map the appropriate file extension to mschedcgi.exe. E.g. in IIS:

Here .mch is mapped to msched.cgi. Now when a .mch file is requested it is executed by Macro Scheduler and the value of the script's MACRO_RESULT variable is output to the resultant page.

Example:

Forename:
Surname:

"
MJT Net Support
[email protected]