window problem..

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

bailey

window problem..

Post by bailey » Mon May 02, 2005 9:16 pm

Hey there,i recently got given a script which he kindly put into a .exe for me,now the only problem is each time i try and run it it gives me this error window Macro Scheduler - Warning "Specified Window "1,Windownamegoeshere" Not Present. Any Subsequent Key Sends In Script May Cause Exceptions."

Obviously Windownamegoeshere isnt the real window but its an exapmple of how it looks,i cant post the script as its a .exe and all encrypted sumhow :s any help would be appreicated :)

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Tue May 03, 2005 2:02 am

You cannot modify the compiled script.
You will need to get the original script file, edit it, and recompile it.

Another option may be to rename the window to "Windownamegoeshere" ? no ideas on how you can that if not a window you designed.

Every time I compile a script I store a copy of the original script with the compiled file. I change the properties to ReadOnly so I will not overwrite it. Now I can make a copy, remove ReadOnly, and edit for a new compilation.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

bailey

Post by bailey » Tue May 03, 2005 10:21 am

well the .exe is fine,its just basiclly the window it dont exist :) i dunno if there is a way to force windows to make that window...anyway thanx for the help!

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Tue May 03, 2005 1:17 pm

A window called "windownamegoeshere" sounds highly unlikely to me. Therefore would suggest .exe is NOT fine and has not been properly completed. You should contact developer and have him/her finish it.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]