Run @ Startup then Repeat

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Taudruw

Run @ Startup then Repeat

Post by Taudruw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm

I have a keep-alive type thing I need to use to keep my XP pc from locking. When I reboot I would like it to run on startup and then run every 10 minutes until the next reboot.

I've got it set to Repeat Continuously/Run Immediately Anyway/Allow Scheduler to Run in Recovery on the Advanced Schedule. In the Run When menu I have every day checked and Repeat Every 10 minutes marked.

It still seems to run once and wait for the scheduled time to be met. I think at least. Is there something I am missing or is this just not supported?

Thanks
Justin Myers

Taudruw

Post by Taudruw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:26 pm

By "keep-alive type thingie" I of course mean a macro that moves the mouse to 0, 0. Sorry, I just read that and thought I was probably confusing people right out of the gate. :)
Justin Myers

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:32 am

You should have it set to "Run Macro at Scheduled Start Time".

Set Macro Scheduler to run on startup.

When Macro Scheduler starts it will calculate the next correct scheduled start time based on the 10 minute repeat interval and it will then repeat every 10 minutes.

By setting it to run immediately you are telling it to ignore the schedule and then the cycle is broken.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Taudruw

Post by Taudruw » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Thanks Marcus. Appreciated.
Justin Myers