newbee question

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Dany Ulser

newbee question

Post by Dany Ulser » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Dear,

I am a total newbee at this.

I have a private PC where I want to install and develop with macro sheduler.
I am not allowed to install the macro sheduler on my professional -windows vista version - PC (also not accepted to use "foreign" exe.files)
The question is : I develop on my private PC ...how can I transfer the scripts from my private to my professional PC. I heard I need to have a VBscript file (because VBscript is standardly incorporated in the windows vista system) , but as i can see it is not possible to export from macro sheduler to .vbs.

What's the way to work ?

thx

Best regards,

Dany

adroege
Automation Wizard

Post by adroege » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:35 pm

I am not allowed to install the macro sheduler on my professional -windows vista version - PC (also not accepted to use "foreign" exe.files)
If you can't install software on the "professional" PC including EXE files, then I don't know how you are going to run them then.

Macro Scheduler can compile to an EXE -- but you say you aren't allowed to use "foreign" exes - so that won't work.

If your only option is to use VBScript, then you don't need Macro Scheduler, just code VBScript and put the .vbs files on the "professional" pc.

I think you will have to get the rules "relaxed" a bit, so that you can run EXE files that you compile on your private machine--- Then you can use the power of Macro Scheduler effectively.

Dany Ulser

newbee question

Post by Dany Ulser » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Dear Adroege,

That's just my question : is there a possibility to save my work on my private PC in .vbs ?

Sorry if i'am asking double stupid questions.

I assume you understood the question but just checking twice.

Thx for understanding.

BR

Dany

adroege
Automation Wizard

Post by adroege » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Sorry, No.

VBScript (.vbs) is a computer language invented by Microsoft. While Macro Scheduler can incorporate some code written in VBscript, it can not translate it's own native commands into an export format of .vbs.

The only thing I can think of that might help you now, is to run a Remote Desktop connection from your private PC to your Professional PC. This way Macro Scheduler running on your private PC can interact with the remote screen of the other computer without being installed there.

Limits what you can do, but at least it's something.

Dany Ulser

newbee question

Post by Dany Ulser » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Thx adroege !!!!!

BR

Dany