Trying to use example of Line Values from text file on Vista

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

nikcomp

Trying to use example of Line Values from text file on Vista

Post by nikcomp » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:51 am

Hi all

I am evaluating product for my company to use. CBE Technologies out of New England United States.
It looks impressive but I have been unable to get it to work on Vista 64.

Here is a basic bit of code I ran from the manual

Let>k=1
Label>start
ReadLn>%CWD%\list.txt,k,line
If>line=##EOF##,exit
Message>line
Let>k=k+1
Goto>start
Label>exit

The code doesn't appear to generate the Message box. In your working pane I can see the variables reading the values from each line for the "line" variable. It even changes to ##EOF##. This doesn't trigger the script to go to labe exit as indicated.

I will try this on xp a bit later, but for the tool to work for me it will have to work on vista-xp

Tony
Tony F Nicholas

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:13 am

Tony,

Make sure you don't have any spaces at the ends of any of the lines of code.

I don't see any obvious reason this would not function properly since you seem to be saying you are seeing the lines from the text file in the watch list as you step though the script. At the very least you should see the word line in the message box unless the value of line is set to nul or space.

Don't have Vista to play with right now but I have used Macro Scheduler in 64 bit Vista with no significant issues.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:38 am

Macro Scheduler 10 was developed, tested and is maintained under Vista. I use it in Vista all the time. Macro Scheduler also has the Works with Vista logo from Microsoft.

The code you posted works fine for me. But you might want to use a MessageModal instead of a Message so that the script waits for you to Ok the message box. With a small file the non-modal message may be on screen for too short a time for you to see it.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?