Monitoring applications to detect & fix problems

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

wiser

Monitoring applications to detect & fix problems

Post by wiser » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi,
I'm running an XP system which serves as a Rhapsody media server, and which suffers from frequent problems which require dialog boxes to be closed, and sign-on sequences to be re-initiated.

I think that Macro Scheduler could be the tool I need to monitor my system and sign me back in when I get signed out, restart the application when it crashes and restart windows when it crashes.

But, I'm a complete noob with this, and I'm sure there are better ways of looking for crashed applications than searching for the bitmap that contains the error messages and sending keypresses to the RHapsody appwindow.

Is there a more event driven way that I can trigger a macro to act, ,rather than have one running continuously in a loop?

Any help most welcome.

Thanks,
W.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Rather than run in a continuous loop you could schedule it to run once an hour, or every 12 minutes, or once a day, or some other time period that you wanted. You could also set it to be triggered when a particular window opens up, like your error message window. This would be done by the scheduler vs. running continuously looking for a window.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?