Running more than one script at a time

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

lebrocoli
Pro Scripter

Running more than one script at a time

Post by lebrocoli » Wed May 14, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi,

I have seen in another post that it is possible to run more than 1 script at a time but not advisable.

Since my first script only does a copy operation from one folder to another and the other script performs GUI operations, I should be fine.

Now the question is: How do I start more than 1 script at a time? As soon as I start the first script, the RUN button shows to Stop so I do not know what to do.

Do I have to call the 2nd script from the first one?
Do I have to start another instance of Macro Scheduler?
Do I have to use the 'RUN PROGRAM' command?

Let me know.
Thanks!

Rain
Automation Wizard

Post by Rain » Wed May 14, 2008 9:12 pm

Hi,

Create a shortcut of the 2nd macro and run it by double clicking on the shortcut icon. You can tell Macro Scheduler to create a shortcut for a macro by selecting the appropriate macro from the main window and then clicking the right mouse button to display a pop up menu. Alternatively you can select Tools/Desktop Shortcut from the Main Menu, or press the Desktop Shortcut Toolbar button.

Select the second from last option and a shortcut will be placed on your desktop. To run the macro you then only need to double click your desktop icon. Once it is on your desktop you can, if you prefer, move it elsewhere in the usual way using explorer etc.

http://www.mjtnet.com/OnlineHelp/hpad100.htm

lebrocoli
Pro Scripter

Post by lebrocoli » Fri May 16, 2008 2:28 pm

Ok. I tried and it worked like a charm!

Thanks.