THintWindow

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

simplejamie

THintWindow

Post by simplejamie » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:01 pm

i'm working on a little thing to help show info where the mouse pointer is.. im wanting something like this...

on mouse scroll
if>x=1 then show THintWindow(%value1,mouseX,mouseY)
if>x=2 then show THintWindow(%value2,mouseX,mouseY)
end

im currently looking for dlls to help.. but im a little new to the libfunc..

thanks

jamie

aux_con

Post by aux_con » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:02 am

Well... if you are just looking for the cursor position there are a few things you can do.

GetCursorPos>X,Y

If> blah....
Message>Cursor is at %X%, %Y%
Endif

write your if statement and modify the message as needed...

or if you just want to know the cursor position for writing the macro... use the cursor monitor tool.

Hope this helps.

simplejamie

Post by simplejamie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:29 am

not really, but thank you for replying.. im looking for something like when ya hold your mouse over a button or icon, a lil info box pops up.. then when the mouse is moved, the popup disapears.. thanks again though

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:09 pm

Hi,
Not exactly sure what you're looking for but if you look in Help under Dialog you'll see that dialog buttons have a hint feature built in. A line like this in a dialog will give you an Exit button with a hint that is invoked by a mouseover:

Button=Exit,52,16,45,15,2,,Done/Exit/Quit/Finished

Another possibility is outlined in a sample script I posted in May 2006. It provides a hint that pops up when you right click on any item or press the F1 key while the mouse is over any item. I also referenced a Tip by Marcus that could be used to make the hints invoke on a mouseover.

Hope this is useful,
Dick

simplejamie

Post by simplejamie » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:57 am

ok were getting closer.. the 'popup' wont be over a dialog.. when the script is running the only thing that will be open is the current apllication.. the pop up should look like the one windowsXP uses when you place the pointer in certain places, like over icons, the clock, start button, tec..

thanks

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:17 pm

OK... So you are attempting to create hints for an application that doesn't already have them?

simplejamie

Post by simplejamie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:42 am

yes, kinda..but no in a way too..

this is what i want to do..

say i scroll my mouse wheel , then a hintwindow will popup near my mouse pointer.. no matter what my mouse pointer is over, or which program it is over.

simplejamie

Post by simplejamie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:43 am

1 year later no help =(. This is exactly what i want to do. my client is handicaped, he has 1 arm. so to make things simple i want to make a macro that does.. well stuff.

when you move your mouse cursor over a button, or the clock in windows a little yellow box pops up near the cursor with a hint or help in it. I want to be able to scroll through commands via the mouse wheel..

1 scroll down would bring up a window saying DO THING1
another scroll down would say DO THING2
scroll back up, it'll say DO THING1

Then when you push the mouse wheel in it would DO THING1.

is this possible? if so what dlls and such would i need?

thank you.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:10 pm

Those hints belong to and are created by the app that owns the controls you hover over. There is no facility in Macro Scheduler to display them.

In theory you could attempt to identify the control beneath the cursor and display a custom dialog at that position containing a list box with options. But it may not be easy/possible to always identify the object - I'm assuming the positions are not predetermined and guaranteed.

simplejamie

Post by simplejamie » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:21 am

ok i think your misunderstanding me. I just want the THintWindow to display a function. Then when I click the mouse wheel, it calls the function..

Lets say my program has 5 functions. Instead of having to click a button on a dialog, I could scroll through the functions with the mouse wheel. The THintWindow will only be used to display what function is currently active.

hope this helps.

simplejamie

Post by simplejamie » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:14 am

..ok thanks for looking at it anyways