webforms: how to select value without fieldvalue?

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Myrthe

webforms: how to select value without fieldvalue?

Post by Myrthe » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:09 am

Hi,

I've used Webrecorder to create a script to complete a webform. When running this script, it doesn't select any values in the form. I think the problem is that in this particular site, the various options in the form do not have any FieldValues admitted to them.

Like, this is part of the source of the webform:

And Webrecorder gives me this:

Let>FrameName={""}
Let>FormName={""}
Let>FieldName={"month"}
Let>FieldValue={"1"}
LibFunc>hIE,FormFill,r,%IE[1]%,str:FrameName,str:FormName,str:FieldName,str:FieldValue,0

Let>FrameName={""}
Let>FormName={""}
Let>FieldName={"month"}
Let>FieldValue={"2"}
LibFunc>hIE,FormFill,r,%IE[1]%,str:FrameName,str:FormName,str:FieldName,str:FieldValue,0

Let>FrameName={""}
Let>FormName={""}
Let>FieldName={"month"}
Let>FieldValue={"3"}

Let>FrameName={""}
Let>FormName={""}
Let>FieldName={"month"}
Let>FieldValue={"4"}

Let>FrameName={""}
Let>FormName={""}
Let>FieldName={"month"}
Let>FieldValue={"5"}

...and so on, with all the months (up til 12) included. So it just kinda 'records' all the options, but doesn't select any of them. Might be easy to overcome, but I don't have a clue how... can anybody help? Thanks!

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:08 am

Hi,

This is a known issue. At present WebRecorder can only detect and set field values if the fields have .. values ... Value attributes are required in order to be able to set them. We are looking to see if we can find a solution for this. In the mean time the workaround is to send keystrokes to the page to select the required value.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Myrthe

Post by Myrthe » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:13 am

OK, thanks for the quick reply! I will try to work it out with the keystrokes; think that will work too, though a solution to this would indeed be nice :) .