Activating Windows and SetFocus

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

docsanz

Activating Windows and SetFocus

Post by docsanz » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:51 am

I'm pretty new to macros and am trying to collect data from different browsers. I have three browsers open and need to move from one to another and get data from them. I can get the data with no problem and I seem to be able to move from IE to NS to FF and from NS to FF and back again. However I don't seem to be able to move from NS or FF back to IE

The browsers are all open and maximised. I start on IE and get the data I want, I do a SetFocus to go to NS and I get the data from that one. I do another SetFocus to go to FF and get the data there. I then want to go back to IE. I do a SetFocus and it appears to focus on the IE window but does not bring it to the front, so I can't see if it's getting what I want from it.

Anyone know how to I could do this successfully?

On IE
SetFocus to NS - moves it to the front successfully
SetFocus to FF - moves it to the front successfully
SetFocus to IE - appears to set the focus to IE, as FF is not the active window anymore, but does not move IE to the front of the other two browsers.

Thanks.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:46 pm

Not a Macro Scheduler solution directly, but....

Instead of jumping between multiple browsers, Is it possible to stay in Firefox, using multiple tabs?.

There are also extensions for FF to use with those pages that MUST only use MSIE. Now you could move between tabs in one single browser, vs. having three browsers open.

You can also have all three tabs defined as a group, and only need to open a single group icon to have all three tabs loaded.......
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

docsanz

Post by docsanz » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:23 am

Thank you, that sounds like a really good idea and more efficient than 3 browsers.