How to avoid a screen lock

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

pfischer
Junior Coder

How to avoid a screen lock

Post by pfischer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Hi all,
I have a problem with a macro (version 12.#) which used screen functions. The macro runs every hour on a virtual machine and this VM is accessed by VNC or Remote Desktop. All runs fine as long as I am logged but refuses to work when I logg out from the VNC session. The reason is most certainly that the scrren is blocked when I leave the session. I tried it with AutoLogon but the problem seems to be that the VM wants to have a STR-Alt-Del first, then opens the login window, then wants the login data etc. etc. This is very uncomfortable. Does anybody has experience with VNC/Remote Access programs on computers where a macro sheduler program is running with screen/mouse functions?

If this is a real problem, I may solve it by avoiding screen/mouse functions but then I have to send HEX-commands via a serial port. However, I did not figure out how and if this is eg possible in VB scripts.

Thanks for a tip
Philipp

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Re: How to avoid a screen lock

Post by CyberCitizen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:05 am

Can you not do it with two scripts. One that establishes am rdp connection then on start up / login the second script runs.

Basically the window needs to be active / logged in as Macro Scheduler imitates a user therefore the session needs to be active.
FIREFIGHTER