Working in a Macola db need to check for correct fields

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Esabik
Pro Scripter

Working in a Macola db need to check for correct fields

Post by Esabik » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:34 pm

Currently running scripts with our company database using Macola. We use scripting to process large quantities of adjustments, etc... Sometimes there is a network blip or lag somewhere and if something takes longer it messes up the timing of the script and entries are sent to the incorrect fields and then it stops processing records correctly.

How can I get feedback when the script is running to enusre that everything is being entered correctly? What I mean is how can I tell its in the correct field out of the say 10 we use?? Can I use a location check based on coordinates that its in the correct location before sending the text entry?

Sometimes a error prompt shows up as well and perhaps we need to click "OK" button which is usually what would happen if we are trying to enter data in an incorrect field. This is not as critical as taking care of the other though.

I have a screenshot of the database if you need to see it but its not on the web. PM me with email and message so I can forward it you.

Regards
Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water........:evil:

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Difficult to answer without seeing screen shots/screencast.

But there is likely a way to wait dynamically, rather than wait a fixed amount of time. Either by watching for a visual cue (e.g. using WaitScreenImage), or some other method.

I presume this is a process that is meant for a human. If so there should be a visual cue of readiness (else how does a human know things have "taken").

If you were doing this manually how do YOU the human know the screen is ready and that the data has been entered?
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Esabik
Pro Scripter

Post by Esabik » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Marcus Tettmar wrote:Difficult to answer without seeing screen shots/screencast.

But there is likely a way to wait dynamically, rather than wait a fixed amount of time. Either by watching for a visual cue (e.g. using WaitScreenImage), or some other method.

I presume this is a process that is meant for a human. If so there should be a visual cue of readiness (else how does a human know things have "taken").

If you were doing this manually how do YOU the human know the screen is ready and that the data has been entered?
Here is a screen shot of the database. I tried to use get x,y but it does not go to each field to return coordinates. I dont really need the mouse cursor coordinates, but where the cursor is on the screen as you tab through it in the active window. I can try to use the coordinates as the reference for running the script.

https://my.bitcasa.com/#/view/19f01af17 ... ection=asc

If the link/image doesn't open, then let me know the best way to post images in the post.
Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water........:evil: