Problem sending keystrokes to Wavelab

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

fylthymcnasty

Problem sending keystrokes to Wavelab

Post by fylthymcnasty » Wed May 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi, I used Macro Scheduler years ago so I might be a little rusty, but I do appreciate any help that can be offered. I used to be pretty good with it, but honestly, it's been about 5 years.

This is probably the easiest problem here... there has to be a simple answer I've overlooked, but I'm tearing my hair out trying to work it out and all I can think of is that maybe some applications just don't work with Macro Scheduler.

I want to send a few keystrokes to Wavelab (Steinberg audio editor) and even the most basic script that simply switches to it and sends keystrokes, or mouseclicks does nothing. It just sits there, blankly staring back at me. If I do the exact same stuff with an alternate application, Sound Forge, it works just fine... so why not Wavelab?

The only part that works is Setfocus (but only if Wavelab itself is already open and somewhere on the screen, if it's open but minimized to the taskbar, it won't switch to it).

Setfocus>Wave*
Wait>2.00
Press ALT
Release ALT

I can send a SPACE, I can move the mouse, click the mouse, all do nothing. I do the same thing in Sound Forge (the only difference is Setfocus>Sound*) and everything works just fine.

Moreso, if I use the recorder to make my moves, and then play it back, it doesn't work either.

Where am I going wrong?

adroege
Automation Wizard

Post by adroege » Wed May 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Since I know nothing about your application Wavelab.... maybe some additional info might help here...

What is the OS?
What is the Macro Scheduler version?

Is this a desktop app or a SaaS application (run in a browser?) I'm pretty sure the answer is desktop app (but you never know?)

fylthymcnasty

Post by fylthymcnasty » Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Sorry, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. MS version 11.1.12

Wavelab is a desktop application. I'm running version 6.11

adroege
Automation Wizard

Post by adroege » Wed May 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Is the version of wavelab you are running a 64 bit or 32 bit app?

fylthymcnasty

Post by fylthymcnasty » Wed May 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Good question. I'm not exactly sure. The installer is for both 32 and 64-bit versions, but I wasn't asked to choose at the time of installation... I would assume that it would recognise my OS and install the 64-bit version accordingly... but then assuming anything is always a pretty dumb move. Could this be the source of the issue?