Remote desktop problem

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

travel88

Remote desktop problem

Post by travel88 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi,
I am trying to run a script in my remote desktop, which works fine if I view the remote desktop from my computer. But If I minimize or close this window the script no longer works.

However I need to run this independently from remote desktop. What all should I consider to make this run perfectly.

Thanks

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Is the script on your remote computer and you are making a remote connection somehow? Ot is the script on your computer trying to do things on a remote connection window? What type of remote connection are you making?
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

travel88

Post by travel88 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:52 am

The script is in my remote computer . This runs well, if I make a connection to the remote computer and view the actions in my home computer. But as soon as I minimize the window or closes the connections then the script does not work well, though some functions are done ok.
Thanks

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Why do UI macros fail when I disconnect or minimize the Remote Desktop/Terminal Services session?

"When you minimize a Remote Desktop session the session is locked - just like when you lock a regular Windows session. The user's desktop is no longer the active desktop."
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:00 pm

Rather than minimizing the window, try resizing it really small and/or moving it to a portion of the screen out of view.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:28 am

Or switch to a different remote technology like UltraVNC where you are viewing and interacting with the active session on the remote PC rather than operating in your own session.