Error calling macros from macros

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

dbish
Junior Coder

Error calling macros from macros

Post by dbish » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:26 am

I am using Msched 7.3.10. I have noticed over the last couple weeks an error that is occurring more and more frequently. I have one macro call another macros as follows:

(Entire Main program):
Macro>TRX Core.scp /GROUP_NAME=BISH Family /SKIPSTART=0 /ACCTNUM=10

There is another macro in the same directory called TRX Core.scp. My macro calls all have the .scp extension specified and are all in the same main Msched directory.

I have been using this particular script for over a year without problem (and actually have about 6 flavors of the "Main" macros with client specific parameters that I want set up with the TRX Core macro).

The problem: I am now frequently getting a MSCHED error box that says can't find TRX Core.scp. If I close MSCHED and reopen it the scripts work without problem (at least that time). This is not just related to this particular script - the "Can't find ..." error has occurred on many other previously working scripts.

I have not tried an un-install/re-install yet but will do so.

Anybody seen this problem before and have any suggestions?

Thanks

dbish

ShaneCl

Post by ShaneCl » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:44 am

Have you tried to include the full path?

ie: Macro>c:\someDirectory\TRX Core.scp /GROUP_NAME=BISH Family /SKIPSTART=0 /ACCTNUM=10

ShaneCl

Post by ShaneCl » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:45 am

oops hit submit twice :roll:

dbish
Junior Coder

Post by dbish » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:29 am

No, I haven't tried that - but then again it has worked for a whole year and I have had this MSCHED version since December. It just started having problems in the last couple weeks (No, I did not install any software that I know of). I have done the uninstall/reinstall technique and am now trying it again.

The path suggestion may get tried next.

Thanks

dbish

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:58 am

Add the path. One of your scripts may be changing the current directory or could be calling an application which changes the current directory. Hence why at startup Macro Scheduler can find this script but after a while of running some macros it can't. Add the path. You could just add %SCRIPT_DIR% if in the same path:

Macro>%SCRIPT_DIR%\script.scp /etc=etc
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

dbish
Junior Coder

Post by dbish » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:50 pm

Okay, I'll give that a try.

Thanks.