WaitPixelColor

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Criss

WaitPixelColor

Post by Criss » Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:59 pm

Hi,
I'am working with Macro Scheduler since one week and I would like to pay you a compliment. Macro Scheduler is great! :lol:

There is one thing that is a little inconvenient. When using the WaitPixelColor command you have to open the macro properties and type the values manally.

I've wrote a (very) little macro that puts the whole WaitPixelColor command including the current cursor position and pixel colour into the clipboard, so that it can be pasted in the editor. Maybe it is useful for other users too:

GetCursorPos>X,Y
GetPixelColor>%X%,%Y%,PC
PutClipboard>WaitPixelColor>%PC%,%X%,%Y%,0

Best regards
Criss

FS

Post by FS » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:34 pm

Well, I do not know why but it does not works fine.

When I use the Paste (Ctrl-V) options it appears:

WaitPixelColor>%PC%,348,%Y%,0

Why?
:roll:

Ernest

Post by Ernest » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:52 pm

Hi,
worked fine with MSched 6.0 :!:

E.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:23 am

Hello FS

If you did a cut and paste from this forum you may have an extra space at the end of line, like "PC" might be "PC-space"

This sometime happens when copying scripts to clipboard from here. Might not be the cause this time, but keep it in mind in the future.

FS

Post by FS » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:27 pm

Well, I removed the space after "PC" and now the script works fine.

Regards

FS

Post by FS » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:28 am

Hi, Marcus

I think Macro Scheduler Editor had to have the feature to solve this.

Something like an option like "Remove spaces at the end of lines"

Regards
:roll:

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:47 am

As per a post in a different thread, sometimes it is desireable to have spaces at the end of lines such as in this situation:

Send>

There is a space at the end of the line above so that I can send a space character.

The problem is with the forum adding spaces to the end of the lines which we have now solved. When you pasted code to the forum please highlight it and press the 'Code' button or alt+c - this will put the tag around the code which will stop the spaces being added.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

FS

Post by FS » Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:41 pm

In this case, the solution would be that the MacroScheduler Editor, besides "Remove spaces at the end of a line", has the feature "highlight invisible chars".

Then you can do this:
1º First remove spaces at the end of every lines.
2º Then, see if any line need a space at the end. Many times, there would not be lines like this.
3º If any line need, put the space at the end
4º Highlight invisible chars. See that the lines that you want has the space at the end but not the other ones.
5º Never use a space at the end of a variable or label name. I do not do this. Does anybody do this silly thing?

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:09 pm

Hi,

The latest version 7.1.13 offers an option to view all chars including invisible ones. You can then search and replace should you need to.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

FS

Post by FS » Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:33 pm

Yes, it is very good the new option "Show all chars" in M Scheduler Editor. It helps a lot.

But it must be completely explained in "command reference" and "Help" file that a variable or label name can contain a space at the end.

In any event, it would be very useful the option "Remove all spaces at the end of a line" in Macro Scheduler editor. The user would have then the choice to use or not this option. Many times, he would use.