Series of numbers: Simple For You - Hard for me

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

DarkPinK

Series of numbers: Simple For You - Hard for me

Post by DarkPinK » Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:51 am

Hi,

I want to set up part of a script to identify if there is a number bigger than a previous number. Then I want to automatically update the scritpt with this number so that the next time it runs, it will look for an even larger number.

Note: These numbers are also HTML links to orders and I would like to open the number in a web browser once it is established

The numbers are set up like this (in a list)

I want to find a the first number larger than 1507, update the script so that the next time it looks for a number larger that 1510, and then open 1507 (it is an html link) in my browser.

Thanks in Advance,
DP

Ernest

Post by Ernest » Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:13 am

Hi DP,
I've done something like this to get an automated setting of additional filter criterias to a script (maybe I'm totally wrong about the issue).

In the source script I've set a marker (e.g. "§") in the line I wanted to change. So a "change script" parsed the source script, piped every nonmatching line unchanged to a temp script, changed variable at the marked line if found (marked it again), piped it as well and so on till ##EOF##
Deleted the source script. Renamed the temp script to get the new source script. :roll:

But why you're not using the simple (smart option) of an INI-File ??? 8)

Code: Select all

ReadIniFile>C:\Order.ini,OrderManagement,LastOrder,PreviouslyUsedOrderNumber

Let>ln=0

Label>ReadList
Add>ln,1
ReadLN>C:\List.txt, ln, OrderNumber
If>OrderNumber=##EOF##,End
If>OrderNumber>PreviouslyUsedOrderNumber, KeepOrderNum
Goto>ReadList

Label>KeepOrderNum
EditIniFile>C:\Order.ini,OrderManagement,LastOrder,%OrderNumber%

Label>End