Help Please

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Jonno

Help Please

Post by Jonno » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:59 am

Hi this is my first post :):):)!! ummm i need a bit of help with a game. The game is called nitto 1320 challenge and can be downloaded at http://www.nitto1320.com. Here is a screenshot.

[Screenshot]

Ok now this game is all about timing. What I need is to be able to change gears at exactly the right time. u do this by pressing the up arrow. Ok now i need a script that will press the up arrow when the revometer thing hits the red line (where i put the black arrow). Is this possible? Please help me.

Thanks alot

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:13 pm

CAUTION: Linking to screen shot may result in multiple pop under screens.

Hi Jonno....

I am not familiar with the game, but took a quick look at the screenshot.
It appeared that you will need to select a pixel location and wait for the color to change from black to red as the "speed indicator" moves.to the red line.

The key command you are probably looking for is
WaitPixelColor>ColorCode,X,Y,Timeout
This command causes Macro Scheduler to wait until the pixel colour at the specified pixel coordinates changes to the colour specified in ColorCode. If it doesn't change to that colour within the number of seconds specified in Timout, the command stops waiting and the variable WPC_RESULT is set to FALSE. WPC_RESULT is TRUE if the command terminated because the colour changed to the specified colour within the specified time. if Timeout is set to 0, the command will wait indefinitely.

To determine the correct colour code to use, click the drop down menu button next to the cursor position monitor on the macro properties form. From the drop down menu select 'Pixel Color' and the pixel colour of the current mouse cursor position will be added to the display along with the X and Y coordinates. Now you can determine the correct colour code of any pixel on the screen.

Basic outline (without syntax) for your script will be something like this,

Code: Select all

SetFocus>WindowName*
WaitPixelColor>ColorCode,X,Y,Timeout
IF %WPC_RESULT%=TRUE,HitRedLine

Label>NoRedLine
Goto>End

Label>HitRedLine
Do Stuff

Label>End
------------------------------
You may find that although there is a lot of great help available on this forum, there does not seem to be a lot of interest and support for games. But keep asking for help, and see what you can do. It is usually expected that you will also do a good portion of your own work and the forum members can help you troubleshoot and fine tune your scripts.

I suggest that you should start by reading the Help and looking at the sample scripts. And perhaps the basic skeleton above can get you started.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:14 am

ummm i have no idea what that all means...??? wats colourcode and wats timeout? i need lots and lots of help!

from me

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:25 am

If you don't know what that means then you haven't read the help. People here can help you to help yourself but they can't do everything for you.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:58 am

k i appreciate all the help. ummm the only things i know how to do is mouse move and clicks thats about it. I need alot of help with this. Whoever helps me with this, I will try to repay them some how. I am only 13 but I will help u if u need a favour.

Thanks

From Jonno

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:08 am

Have you read the "Scripting Windows for Beginners" in the help file?
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:26 am

how do i get to that???

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:27 am

how do i get to that??? some1 please help me. lol if u like car games i can give u a few cars and money in this game if u wanna start playing it. thnx agen

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:35 am

Open Macro Scheduler. Choose Help/Contents. In the help file you will see a topic called "Scripting Windows for Beginners". READ IT.

Please do not post here until you have read the manual, followed the Scripting Windows for Beginners tutorial all the way through - not just read it - but followed it through fully. Browse the samples and examples in Scripts & Tips, try a few things out. Then post here.

This is NOT a games forum. We try to help everyone but this forum is here first and foremost to help customers of Macro Scheduler use the product in their work. If you need help with a game you'd probably be better off posting in a games forum somewhere else.

Also, please do not use abbreviations here. You are not being charged by the letter so please spell English words in full so that others can understand you clearly. You're more likely to get help if you write clearly and properly.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:03 am

ive read it but i still need a lot of help. OK if ne1 needs someone to do them a favour, something that a 13 year old can do I'll help them if they help me with this script. Can someone please help me! If you need more screenshots or information I can provide it for you! Thanks alot.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:06 am

Off topic, but I just get a bad feeling about this whole thing.

But it is not a good idea for a 13 year old to promise to do anything for anyone, especially strangers, on the Internet.

Don't mean to preach, but I had to make the comment.
Sorry if anyone is offended.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:55 am

omg i need help with this. if anyone thinks they can help me please tell me.

IanSmith
Junior Coder

Post by IanSmith » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:18 pm

Jonno,

Bob has given you the logic you need to solve your problem, but to be honest I think you would better spend your time learning how to play the game properly...

In answer to your last question, I don't think anyone here will be able to help you (or, as it seems you are asking, code a complete solution for you).

Take care, Ian

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:29 am

thnx for ur help every1 i might give up haha thnx neways

Rain
Automation Wizard

Post by Rain » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:43 pm

Try the following (Works with Windows XP)

MoveWindow>Nitto 1320 Challenge,0,0
///Script is Waiting for 1st yellow light for 60 seconds
WaitPixelColor>52479,380,153,60
///If color doesn't equal 1st yellow light go to end of script
GetPixelColor>380,153,Color
If>Color52479,EndOfScript
///Wait>0.85=Waiting for 3rd yellow
Wait>0.85
///Racing part for fully modded civic with nitrous (you have to push right arrow key from start to finish)
MouseMove>570,466
LClick
Wait>0.05
MouseMove>570,466
LDown
Wait>0.03
MouseMove>570,458
RClick
LUp
SetFocus>Nitto 1320 Challenge
Press Up
Wait>0.25
MouseMove>570,375
///Change Wait time to shift slower or faster (2nd gear)
Wait>0.47
Press Up
///Change Wait time to shift slower or faster (3rd gear)
Wait>0.5
Press Up
///Change Wait time to shift slower or faster (4th gear)
Wait>0.69
Press Up
///Change Wait time to shift slower or faster (5th gear)
Wait>1.3
Press Up
///Change Wait time to shift slower or faster (6th gear)
Wait>1.95
Press Up
Label>EndOfScript

This is a simple script and should get you started at least.