Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

cgaston
Junior Coder

Crystal multiple selection parameters

Post by cgaston » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:50 pm

In Crystal, the parameters screen has two parts:

1- Upper region: List of the parameters
2- Lower region: Value of the selected parameter (from the upper region)

The cursor sits in the lower region. The TAB key move the cursor within that region, but never goes in the upper region, where I could select another parameter.

The only way I found to select a parameter was to click on it. I haven't found any keyboard stroke that would produce the equivalent action.

I want to avoid the use of Cursor movement/mouse click as this would be too dependant of the desktop settings where the macro will run.

Has anybody found a "sure" way to select parameters from the Crystal parameters screen.

I am using the V9 of Crystal.

Thank you,

Gaston.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:05 am

Don't have Crystal, but just to remind you that MouseMoveRel> frequentlyworks well with different window sizes.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

cgaston
Junior Coder

Post by cgaston » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:38 pm

Thank you Bob,

I thought that this command wouldn't work for different screen resolution. However, the Help indicate specifically that it will work. I will give a try and let you know.

Gaston.

Esabik
Pro Scripter

Re: Crystal multiple selection parameters

Post by Esabik » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:16 pm

cgaston wrote:In Crystal, the parameters screen has two parts:

1- Upper region: List of the parameters
2- Lower region: Value of the selected parameter (from the upper region)

The cursor sits in the lower region. The TAB key move the cursor within that region, but never goes in the upper region, where I could select another parameter.

The only way I found to select a parameter was to click on it. I haven't found any keyboard stroke that would produce the equivalent action.

I want to avoid the use of Cursor movement/mouse click as this would be too dependant of the desktop settings where the macro will run.

Gaston.
I have been working with Crystal and selecting the different parameter tabs can be achieved by using the TAB keystroke to get you up to the parameter selection tabs, then use the Right cursor Keystroke. This will move to the next parameter tab.

Tab to your selection box for your values to input. I believe this should work if I am understanding your applicaiton correctly. :roll:
Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water........:evil: