What is the Rendezvous Command?

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

adroege
Automation Wizard

What is the Rendezvous Command?

Post by adroege » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:33 pm

I was reading the version history and came across this entry about "Rendezvous" being a new command added in version 5.1

It's not in the help file....... and no mention of it being taken out..... What does it do.... Or DID it used to do?

Thanks.
Version 5.1 20/08/99

New Commands :

Ascii
DateStamp
GetPixelColor
GetRectCheckSum
LRError
LRStatus
MoveWindow
RegistryDelKey
RegistryDelVal
RegistryReadKey
RegistryWriteKey
Rendezvous
ResizeWindow
TransactionEnd
TransactionStart
WaitRectChanged
WindowAction

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:39 pm

Hi,

That was a custom command added for JD Edwards back in 1999 and was used for load testing. It hooked into the Mercury LoadRunner product and allowed them to create rendezvous points for multiple concurrent scripts.

That function didn't do anything in the regular version. In fact it shouldn't really have been added to the public history as it causes confusion.

That load testing version is no longer supported anyway. So, don't worry about it. It is meaningless unless you have heard of LoadRunner and even then does nothing in the regular version anyway.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

adroege
Automation Wizard

Post by adroege » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:48 pm

Thanks for the explanation.

I would suggest then that it be removed from the "Command Locator" so that others are not confused by a command which really doesn't exist anymore.

I suspect there are other obsolete commands, as I remember looking in the "command locator" sometime in the past, and finding other entries which had no cooresponding entry in the help file.