user database

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Mark Gevry
Pro Scripter

user database

Post by Mark Gevry » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:36 pm

Hi. Is there a way to create a user ID and Password with macro scheduler on my web server? So when they register it puts there USERID and PW in a specified folder so they can log on next time? Or is what i want impossible?

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:47 pm

Probably, yes. But what sort of password is this? Is this web server/operating system level password protection or just a login form built by yourself using CGI? What kind of database? What kind of server is it? Is Macro Scheduler the most appropriate tool to do this? Web server passwords on a linux/apache server are made using the htpasswd command in linux. No need for Macro Scheduler there. This can be called from within Perl/PHP or similar. In Windows it is either a windows account or administered in the web server software - this could be automated by Macro Scheduler I suppose.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Mark Gevry
Pro Scripter

Post by Mark Gevry » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:56 pm

support wrote:Probably, yes. But what sort of password is this? Is this web server/operating system level password protection or just a login form built by yourself using CGI? What kind of database? What kind of server is it? Is Macro Scheduler the most appropriate tool to do this? Web server passwords on a linux/apache server are made using the htpasswd command in linux. No need for Macro Scheduler there. This can be called from within Perl/PHP or similar. In Windows it is either a windows account or administered in the web server software - this could be automated by Macro Scheduler I suppose.
Just a regular User id and password. And i have Windows 2000 server. I dont really know PHP and PERL. I just wanted to make one to access a certain dialog with all special stuff.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:02 pm

Wait - I think I may have misunderstood your question. Do you want a Macro Scheduler script to create the username and password or do you just want to password protect an area of your web site which accesses a Macro Scheduler script?

If the latter just do this from within your web server admin software.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Mark Gevry
Pro Scripter

Post by Mark Gevry » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:10 pm

Yeah i want Macro Scheduler to create a userid and password. Like i only want registered users accessing my program.

OlgaFB
Pro Scripter

Post by OlgaFB » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:38 pm

Hi,

I think you probably could use HTTPRequest and fill in the form of registration this way.

Good luck,
Olga.