Come for the Buttons, Stay for the Scripts?

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

mptrauber

Come for the Buttons, Stay for the Scripts?

Post by mptrauber » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Hello All,

I've registered solely to ask a question here of the folks who would, I think, know the most regarding what MJTNet products can do. Much obliged for anyone's kind help.

In brief, we have a clinic where we see musculoskeletal conditions. Like all clinics, patients complete paperwork initially and periodically along their course of treatment. Presently, we take these paper forms, scan them and place them in virtual folders for each patient with an off-the-shelf program. (Paperport)

We'd prefer to skip the intermediate paper steps altogether from both a streamlining and green POV, and use some program instead (or cobbled together programs) that would act as a kiosk-type app.

That led me here.

MJT's Quickbutton Program would create the simple interface necessary, but after seeing all the things Macro Scheduler (MS)/scripting can do, now I'm excited about possibly expanding the capabilities of such a program to make it really useful.

I just need to know if I'm on the right track in finding my solution.

For instance:

1) could a small database be set up and associated with MS so that each patient could identify herself and the app would then look up the last time she filled out the available forms and present only the ones due to be completed again?

2) could a script then save those completed forms in that patient's unique folder or, create a folder then save for someone new?

Sorry about all the background and history bit, but thought it might help.

Thanks very much for your advice and opinions.

adroege
Automation Wizard

Post by adroege » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Yes, I believe Macro Scheduler could solve your problem. However it's not magic. Code needs to be written. Macro Scheduler is easier to learn then most other programming languages - however you are still programming if you are creating something non-trivial.

mptrauber

Post by mptrauber » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks for your response.

Is this a viable way to go, though, rather than having a program built from scratch?

And...about how much might one expect to need to budget for the enhanced code-bits that would make MS work for my purposes?