search ,find and click

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

carkon

search ,find and click

Post by carkon » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:30 am

hi everybody sorry about my english.i want to make a small script like this

for example when i run the scipt it will be find "hello"(its just example) text in active webpage and mouse will be on it automatically.I mean script will be find the word and mouse move on it. is it possible ?

sorry,i read lots of tutorial but i didnt find.

thanks,

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:30 pm

This thread should help get you started.

carkon

Post by carkon » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

thank you for answer my question.i looked these script but it was hard for me
:( :(
thanks again

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:45 pm

I know what you mean. Its ALL hard for me. I just keep working at it.

Basically what the thread shows you is how to use the HTML of the web page you're wanting to click on. The advantage to using the HTML is that it contains all the information you need to be able to go to the web location that the screen text is linked to. That is probably what you really want... to get to the next page.

If you REALLY need to get the position on the screen and click it you might try using FindImagePos> or use one of the GetText... functions in a loop. Look these functions up in help. Online help for each function is available HERE

When I was new to Macro Scheduler, I read the functions pages over and over so that I had a good idea of what the software was capable of doing and so I knew which function could do what I needed to have done. I also spent hours writing scripts to use every function so I understood how they worked. Macro Scheduler has a lot of power. Take some time to understand it and you will be pleased with what it can do for you.