macro detecting page size change - can this be done?

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

steve10001

macro detecting page size change - can this be done?

Post by steve10001 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:49 am

Hi all,

here`s a good one for you...

ok, i would like to create a macro that will automatically refresh an internet page until its state changes.

I am attempting to request a developer certificate at the sxmbian signed web site, but server load is too high, when i request the certificate i get the same message over and over again which states " please try again later".

now, i know that if i kep clicking away for 5-6 hours, i would eventuall get a "slot" as it were.

Is it possible to create a macro that would continuosly refresh the page until such time that i were allocated a slot? maybe the macro would see that suddenly a form appeared, or the page size were bigger?

i`d be really interested in finding out if this were possible, and how it could be done.

thanks, and hava a nice day:-)

steve

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:05 pm

A number of ways you can do this, such as:

1. With WebRecorder's ContainsText function you can see if the page contains the error message, and if so, continue refreshing (or see if it contains something that only appears when you are successful)

2. Use one of the text capture commands (e.g. GetWindowTextEx). Refresh, get text, if text contains error message or does NOT contain text that appears on success, keep looping.

3. Use Image Recognition. Same principle only this time you use a graphical approach to watch a portion of the screen for success.

4. Use GetRectCheckSum - much the same principle as (3).
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?