MShed stops until button is pressed?

Post by Phil Pendlebury » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:49 am

This is odd:

In my script I have a command that works perfectly:

Code: Select all

WaitWindowOpen>Export Audio Mixdown*
PushButton>Export Audio Mixdown*,Export
WaitWindowClosed>Export Audio Mixdown
I needed to insert some stuff after the "Export" button had been pressed (there are some other dialogs that appear under certain circumstances).

So I added:

PushButton>Export Audio Mixdown*,Export
IF>Blah blah
 Press Enter
ENDIF
WaitWindowClosed>Export Audio Mixdown
But the extra Enter was not getting pressed until the Export process (which is triggered by the button) has finished.

I eventually tracked this down by adding a simple message "msg>button pressed" after the PushButton>Export Audio Mixdown*,Export line.

The message does not appear after the button is pressed, it appears after the next process has finished.

Do you think there is any way around this or must I resort to using mousover lclick etc.

Thanks.
Last edited by Phil Pendlebury on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Pendlebury - Linktree

pgriffin
Automation Wizard

Post by pgriffin » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:45 pm

Phil,

Could you have your script create a log file and post it here? As we all know , when the IF> evaluates to true, then the code within the IF should be executed.

Not sure why it wouldn't be. are you calling the program which contains the EXPORT buttton from MacroScript and, if so, do you have RP_WAIT set to 1? This would tell MacroScript to wait until the called program is complete before continuing with the calling script.

Phil Pendlebury
Automation Wizard

Post by Phil Pendlebury » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:53 pm

I will post a log file later but just to clarify.

the export process is like rendering an image (except that we are dealing with audio).

When the export dialog is open and the button "Export" is pressed then the export begins. Sometimes there are other dialogs that appear after the button is pressed depending on settings.

The problem is that the script itself is not moving on past the button press line until the export process has completed.

It is very odd.

I replaced with

mousover>Export Audio Mixdown*,Export
wait>0.5
lclick
msg>button pressed
and it works fine but replacing the "mousover>Export Audio Mixdown*,Export" line with "PushButton>Export Audio Mixdown*,Export" the "msg>" is not sent until after the export procedure itself is finished.

pgriffin
Automation Wizard

Post by pgriffin » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:31 pm

and what is the value of RP_WAIT? have you set it to 1 somewhere in your script and is the program called from your script?

Phil Pendlebury
Automation Wizard

Post by Phil Pendlebury » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:42 am

I have not changed RP_WAIT from it's default setting.

The program is already running when the script is launched. I am sure this is probably something peculiar to the program and not a fault of MS.