Reporting somthing

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

MrSpacely

Reporting somthing

Post by MrSpacely » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:45 pm

Hey there I see that macroscheduler also has a competitor.
Wich does have lots of the same features.
Can someone compare this one also and add it too the "others" list

Because this one has also more then 200 commands records mouse keyboard and can be completely edited afterwards and from scratch.
This seems to be a serious competitor. But there are some things missing.

So the text can be changed that there is a other one wich also has 200 or more commands not just 20 (so that the text on the site is right and not wrong)

MrSpacely

forgot the url and the name

Post by MrSpacely » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:47 pm

That was not so smart of me to forget the name
http://www.aldostools.com/macro.html

Its called Aldo's macro recorder.

Maybe someone can compare then the right way.
I don't think it can compile.
But donot know every difference

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:02 pm

IMHO:

I think that using the forum resources of MJTNET to give free ad space for competition is in poor taste. I am sure Macro Scheduler can stand up to its competition, but this is surely not the place to start listing features of another product.

This is quite different than recommending another non-competing utility or tool to complement Macro Scheduler. No problem with that, should be encouraged.

If you seen nothing wrong with doing this, may I suggest that you go to competitor's site and list all the great features of Macro Scheduler over there instead. (That would also be in poor taste).

I would see no problem if MJT decided to remove your earlier postings on this subject.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:23 am

Hello MrSpacely,

Democracy promotes competitions amongst other virtues as long as it's within boundaries of honesty, respect, and dignity. In the software industry, a product's success doesn't depend entirely upon product features. Being a former system engineer of dBASE III, I can share my personal experience with you. The product dominated the market during 1980's even though its features could hardly rivaled competitors such as KnowledgeMan.

At the end of the day, it's users like you who decide the fate of a product, to succeed or not to succeed.

Having said that, once you look up and compare the enthusiasm, passion, technical sophistication between the two user-to-user forums, it's no longer an issue here.

Last but not the least, hope you enjoy using Macro Scheduler.
Last edited by armsys on Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:35 pm

Good news from "mainland" China :wink: :wink: :wink:

TBH. I don't care if I've to use A or B to solve an issue.
Following this, I only recommend (not advertise) a competing scripting tool like B, if (based on my small scripting knowledge) the issue couldn't be solved easy with A.

If I've been proved wrong ("Ey, why you use B - have a look at A's ability to work with this fine piece of VBS code"), OK - fine. Never 2 late to work smarter ...

But I'm not amused that a posting is censored/deleted without any notice.
That's "Vladimir Putin rules the press" kinda style.

Additionaly I'm a little frustrated that an issue which seems to be a bug (Screenshot), and has been requested several times, is not getting the Supports attention, while on the other hand it needs only a second to regulate "uncomfortable" postings.

But while MJTNet has decided to sit and wait, B (a freeware tool) has had 3 updates and has an average response time of 6 hours ! I don't expect this to become a standard (we all need some time to go for vacation :P ), but don't start to leave the support to the volonteers (unless MacroScheduler becomes Freeware) ...

I'm a registered user of MacroScheduler.