Scheduled macro start time with repeat

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

howl
Junior Coder

Scheduled macro start time with repeat

Post by howl » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:34 pm

I want my macro to run every 2 minutes 24/7. Yesterday I scheduled it with a start time of 8:35 with a 2 minute repeat. It repeated correctly throughout the day. Does it stop at midnight and restart at 8:35 the next day, or will it just keep repeating every 2 minutes? It seems that it stopped and then started again today at 8:35.

Also, is there a way to see a run history for the macro? Would that be through logging?

Thanks

xurf4xs

Post by xurf4xs » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:16 pm

If you are affraid that the scheduler stops at 23:59, why don't you schedule your macro at 00:01 and repeat this every 2 minutes. Then you are sure that your macro is running every 2 minutes for the whole day.

I did not test this case, but it seems to be clear that the macro stops at midnight. Your schedule is set for Monday till Sunday, starttime at 08:35 and repeat by 2 Minutes.
This means, on Monday to start at 08:35 and repeat at 2 minutes. At 00:00 it isn't Monday anymore, so the schedule looks what to do on Tuesday. There you entered the time 08:35, so the scheduler wait until 08:35 to start the macro again.

I think so simple it is.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:48 am

The Scheduler will not stop at 23:59. Assuming you have set the macro to repeat continuously it will simply keep advancing the schedule every 2 minutes.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

howl
Junior Coder

Post by howl » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:01 pm

Thanks for the replies. It has been repeating every 2 minutes as expected, over multiple days. I initially misinterpreted what I was seeing on the scheduler screen.