General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Please post a review at SoftPile

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:35 am

Please post a short review at SoftPile:

http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Syste ... index.html

There are a couple of negative reviews there which could be from competitors. (Poor support!? Really?). So a review or two from a real user would be great.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:17 pm

Marcus,

The following was submitted to http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Syste ... index.html

This is one outstanding software package. I've been using it for about 4 years. I am a system administrator and Macro Scheduler has allowed me to accomplish tasks such as automating backups, automatically generating reports daily, automatically updating computers, automatically installing software on multiple computers. The software works and works well. I have never found it to be buggy and support for those difficult tasks is second to none. Absolutely the best support of any software I've ever worked with. I would highly recommend Macro Scheduler to everyone. It makes daily computer chores effortless.

Thanks for listening,
Dick

After picking submit, a notice pops up that the submission will be reviewed and if it passes scrutiny, will be posted within 4 days. The 2 reviews currently on the softpile site are from someone grossly misinformed. To me, they appear to be from the same person. Perhaps they are from one of your competitors. Hopefully a couple of real reviews will negate them.

Hope this is helpful,
Dick

pgriffin
Automation Wizard

Post by pgriffin » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:39 pm

I've just written my review for the good folks at SoftPile and I noticed on the MacroScheduler details they have listed under License - Demo $87 ....Shouldn't they correct that to something like Standard $87 ?

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:10 pm

Me too. That doesn't seem to be a very hot site though...

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:22 pm

Thanks guys! VERY much appreciated.

SkunkWorks - I think they mean the downloadable version is a demo version and it costs $87 for the licensed version. They seem to have combined the two fields resulting in something that makes no sense.

Me_again - agreed - it's not the most important download site in the world, but every little helps!
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:53 pm

I was proud and pleased to submit the following:
I am an independent consultant who needs to work in many
different environments with all different types and versions of software. I discovered Macro Scheduler, Version 2 about 9 years ago. It is now at Version 8 and I could not work without it.

I have used Macro Scheduler to integrate QuickBooks, Word,Access, Word, Q&A and Sesame databases. And these tasks have also been done remotely with Macro Scheduler running pcAnyWhere to make connections and run Macro Scheduler routines on remote systems.

Every task you can think of can usually be automated with Macro Scheduler. Macro Scheduler has saved thousands of dollars for me and for my clients. The automatiion and consistency and reliability are superb. Many tasks are run unattended with built in scheduling tools to complement the macro tools. All macros can be easily edited. And compiled programs are avaiable with the PRO version. These compiled programs can be distributed license free to computers without Macro Scheduler installed.

Tech support is almost instant. Suggestions for enhancements are considered and frequently in the next release. The product is not buggy, any problems I have seen are from the operating systems. It is possible that some timing issues may occur on any system, but Macro Scheduler allows you to insert delays as needed. Rather than setting fixed delays, actions can wait for other actions to complete, windows to open/close, files/folders exist or not, etc. It has all the flexibility you could need to fine tune touchy systems. The free download version is not crippled and performs like the paid for version. User forum is one of the best of any product. Professional answers, but support available to beginners, no criticism of anyone's skills or background, just friendly help to solve problems.

In almost 10 years of using Macro Scheduler I have never had any lack of tech support , on the contrary it is second to none. I have a number of other products that have "macro" capabilities built in, but they usually cannot be edited, are too limited, etc. so I use Macro Scheduler to replace them. Macro Scheduler should be the first program installed on any computer. And it should be installed on every computer.
My thanks to you again for a gread product.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:54 pm

Wow, very nice and totally accurate IME too. I was afraid of running out of room in that tiny little box :lol:

-=DJ=-

Post by -=DJ=- » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:56 pm

I have just submitted my commends :)

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:57 pm

JRL: Where was the star option ? I didn't see that otherwise I would had 5 starred it :cry:

Never mind, I see where I screwed up :oops: