Remote Desktop Session Conflict?

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

transolut

Remote Desktop Session Conflict?

Post by transolut » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:39 pm

I found that my script seems to have executed twice at nearly exactly the same scheduled time for several days in a row. This resulted in both sessions writing to the same files and corrupting the information.

I found that a Windows Remote Desktop session had been left open. I had deleted some files from the Macro list on the PC and noticed that they were still there when I connected back via remote desktop. Destop said that there were two remote user sessions open for the same username.

Is it possible that these active sessions caused the same scheduled macro to run more than once simultaneously?

It is the only explanation that I can come up with.
Mike Miller
Transolut

alanimal
Junior Coder

Post by alanimal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:01 am

I have had this problem too.

Is there a way to make it so that MS only runs in one session? Otherwise if I have 3 people log onto the server, 3 instances would be running!

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:26 am

At present there is no check or option built in to the software to enforce a single instance per machine.

But we could create a simple macro that controls it for us.

- the macro would check for the existance of a file in a location accessible by all accounts - this could be a share or all_users documents area.

- if the file does not exist it would create it then start msched.exe and wait for msched.exe to finish running

- when msched.exe finishes running it would delete the file

- if the file does exist it would exit and not run msched.exe

- we could rename msched.exe to _msched.exe and save a compiled copy of our macro as msched.exe

- So the user would always be starting our controlling exe.

The file could be a flag in an INI file, or a registry entry.

If you don't have MS Pro let me know and we can create this for you.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?