Wait Window Open and Close

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

macrunning
Pro Scripter

Wait Window Open and Close

Post by macrunning » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:06 pm

Wanted to know why it would seem that child windows in some programs don't seem to be recognized with WaitWindowOpen> and WaitWindowClosed> commands? Even when using wildcard *.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:11 pm

Ask Bill Gates. He might know. Macro Scheduler can only do what Windows lets it do.

If you can see it in Tools/View System Windows you can use the window functions in Macro Scheduler. If you can't see it there then it isn't detectable. Don't forget you can change the value of WF_TYPE to specify whether you want the command to work on all windows, visible windows only, child windows only or ignore child windows.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

macrunning
Pro Scripter

Post by macrunning » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:16 pm

WOW! Not the answer I was expecting from support of all places. I'm surprised mjtnet hasn't worked on a fix for such an issue. Of course I'm no Microsoft fan but we do have to work with it.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:27 pm

Sorry, what issue - you want us to fix Windows? As I said Macro Scheduler can only see what Windows lets it. What is seen in Tools/View system windows is what can be seen and manipulated. If it doesn't show there then there's nothing we can do about it. If an application object is not exposed we can't access it. Sorry if you don't like this answer.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]