Monitor typing and Trigger Macro

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

river10

Monitor typing and Trigger Macro

Post by river10 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:08 pm

I've seen some other programs out there that monitor what is being typed onscreen and can trigger a macro based on that.

For example, if I'm sending an email and I type a special set of characters "et1" it will change that into a line of text "Thanks and have a great day".

Is there anyway this can be setup?

Thanks.

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:41 pm

a) should the "et1" start whatever (Macro Scheduler) script ?
b) should "et1" be autocompleted to "Thanks and have a great day" ?

to a)
I guess, Yes! Check the help for something like: running a script from the commandline ... and configure that tool to run such a command. Or create a bat/cmd file!

to b)
There are several tools around (GhostType, etc.) were you're able to assign/preset a phrase to an abreviation for autocompletion.

river10

Monitor Typing

Post by river10 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:52 pm

hello,

the program i have seen that is similar in funcionality (activewords) changes the text or starts the action on the fly no matter what program you are in. You don't have to be in command line to execute. So I can be in my Outlook, IE, etc... and based on my typing, can execute the macro.

it has some cool functionality of going to a website by just typing a code and the name.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:52 am

You might want to check out "IntelliComplete at http://flashpeak.com/.

This product was formerly named UltimaShell. Not inexpensive at about $50 USD, but self learning, background functional across almost all other products. I think it still has a 30 day free trial.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!