Worst piece of software I have *ever* used

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

sharpnova

Worst piece of software I have *ever* used

Post by sharpnova » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:38 pm

That's right. This is easily the worst piece of software I have ever used.

In many cases, (especially with trying to print numerical results of expressions on the screen I actually had to save the code, close the macro, re-open it and then run it to get it to work. saving it would not work. It would always print "%num%" instead of the actual value UNLESS I close the macro script and re-open it. How logical is that?

When you load the program from the desktop icon, it opens up the script editor instead of (more logically) opening up the main menu with the list of your macros. So I have to go into start menu to load the main program file. Pretty stupid. I'll attribute those to a stupid designer.

But here is the doozy: At this very moment, the script editor is open. I can't right click it on the taskbar to close. Alt-f4 or conventional means won't work. And the hilarious part is when I open up task manager, it's not even listed, even though it shows my cpu usage at 100%. So I guess some macro is running even though I terminated the macro.

All in all I give this a 0 out of 10 and I'd like to meet the author in person for a very gratifying conclusion to this software endeavor.

Oh btw I only used the evaluation version. I wouldn't pay a f***ing dime for this piece of s**t. I wouldn't f***ing p*ss on the creator if he was on fire.*

[* Edited By Administrator 2 Oct 2006 - Obscenities obscured.]

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:25 pm

Well, this is a first! The vile language used here doesn't really deserve a response. But let me address your issues:

1. Your %num% problem is due to a syntactical error or some other script related issue which anyone here would be only too happy to help with if you were to post a polite request. Our support desk would also be only too happy to help you as well.

2. The Script Editor Desktop Icon opens the Script Editor. The Macro Scheduler Cog Wheel Desktop Icon opens the main program. It sounds like you've just clicked on the wrong one.

3. Alt-F4 and right clicking on the task bar have always worked fine for me. I've tested under a variety of systems and I've used the software on client machines and never seen this issue.

4. You'd like to meet me? Fine. You're welcome to visit us in our offices any time you like. I'd be only too happy to run you through the software and discuss any issues you like.

5. Please don't use foul language here. It is quite unnecessary. I may still have to delete or edit your post as I cannot allow bad language on any part of our site.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:39 pm

sharpnova,

I can't even guess what might cause a script to fail until you close it and reopen it. Makes no sense unless some how you are changing the file. I can guess about your inability to close the editor. If you were stepping through a script you have to stop debugging before you can close the editor. The easiest way to stop debugging is to press Ctrl + F2.

If you post your script on the forum, you will be amazed at how much help you'll get. There are mutitudes of Macro Scheduler users who think this is the best piece of software ever written. Many of them post here often and are willing to help those who are willing to accept assistance.

If you do log back in to the forum, I would ask that you edit your first post and remove the obscenities. If you truly hate the software, you're entitled to your opinion and you're welcome to express it here, but foul language really isn't necessary.

If you give Macro Scheduler more than a passing glance you'll find it to be extremely useful software. Maybe the best software package ever rather than the worst.

Later,
Dick

pgriffin
Automation Wizard

Post by pgriffin » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:05 am

Sharpnova,

First, I can't believe your post wasn't immediately deleted. That in itself is a testament to how far MJTNET will go to try to make users happy with the product.

And to add to the post by JRL, You will get free, professional help on this forum that can help you solve extremely difficult problems.

Try it. describe what you were trying to do with the software, what issues you encountered, or what you didn't understand.

I make my living writing applications with MacroScript (the scripting within MacroScheduler) and have customers who stake their business on it....with success.

Paul

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:41 am

SkunkWorks wrote:Sharpnova,

First, I can't believe your post wasn't immediately deleted. That in itself is a testament to how far MJTNET will go to try to make users happy with the product.
Agreed, Marcus set a new standard for civility in the face of abuse there.

OlgaFB
Pro Scripter

Post by OlgaFB » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:26 pm

Me_again wrote:
SkunkWorks wrote:Sharpnova,

Agreed, Marcus set a new standard for civility in the face of abuse there.
Agreed.

Interesting, I was just speaking to someone, compared it to WinRunner, and I prefer Macro Scheduler: it's lighter, it doesn't have to load huge environments, it records just your script and not all the programs around it, it can make beautiful professional interfaces (not to compare even to that little 5-input-boxes possibility WR gives), it can build executables that can run anywhere,... and this is just the start.

..."Details

A thousand variations
Even so it is said
There are only two types of actions
An action of Love
Or
A cry for more Love
But variations
There will be a thousand"
--Klaus Joehle.